Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Quote of the Week:
"I always tell the girls never take it seriously
If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt
And if you never get hurt, you always have fun
And if you ever get lonely, you just go to the record store and visit your friends."

I like this quote. Its from one of my favourite films which I watched again the other day. Identifying the name of the film is of course your job!

Whats been happenin?!
I am officially half way through my 3rd week of holidays. All I can say is its going way too fast! But there have still been some good times...
-Enjoying coffee and good conversation with a few friends
-Friday spent drawing, studying God's word, watching the aforementioned film, having an enjoyable Bible study (one of those slightly full on ones but oh so good to have the kids open up and share), followed by a friends 21st
-Saturday - while plans changed it was still a packed and enjoyable day - brunch with Sarah, followed by watching one of the St Ives teams win 8-nil in the soccer, followed by some tastey cheesecake, farewell drinks and another 21st!
-Sunday we held a bit of a holiday edition TC (its totally normal to wear santa hats in july right?!), another movie was viewed, and I was considerably challenged by a Money Matters seminar, prior to a pre-church bbq and another challenging sermon on Ezekiel. I am really enjoying getting into more of the OT lately - its exciting seeing God work through Wal, who is doing a great job at making some confusing things clear!
-And come monday nite, after a painful day at work, I saw Romeo & Juliet at the Opera House! Yep, I love the theatre! I'd studied this play twice at school and seen the films so it was great to finally see it on the stage!

What Light Through Yonder Window Breaks?!
Let me ask you this question - where do you find hope?
On something that lasts or something that will ultimately fail?
On sunday Wal left us with this question - Where is hope when the things on which your hope is based are themselves hope less?
Or perhaps even more concerning - Where is hope if the thing in which you hope does not have God's seal of approval?
Methinks this is not a question you can push to the side for a later date.

An opportunity to contribute...
We go on Treestump in less than a week. I have quite a bit to get done before then. If you are the praying kind, I'd appreciate some prayer for myself and the team leading up to and of course over the camp period! Its such a blessing to be a part of God's work in this way! I hope and pray that kids will be changed on this camp, and that what we prepare is faithful to the Lord and brings glory to Him alone.
One of the things I need to prepare is a talk for a fireside. We are doing them on 'one thing I love about being a Christian'. At this stage I am thinking of going with the fact that as a Christian I do not need to fear death, since through the death and resurrection of Jesus, we are promised life.

I want to know what you would say if you had to give the fireside?! "Oh wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?" This is an opportunitiy for those of you who read but rarely comment to do so - Please feel free to share, all responses are welcome - there are afterall many a good thing about being a Christian!

4 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chelsea, Can I say that it is Almost Famous... (said by Penny Lane)
One of my fav movies of all time... (in fact i'm gonna watch it this weekend)

The scene where they are on the bus and Tiny Dancer is played... classic...

wow.. i'm well chuffed that i got that...

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

like your work chris - spot on!

oh so agree with you - the tiny dancer scene is just such a great moment!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger jodi said...

i think a lot of us wanted to be a bandaid when that came out.... (well, minus the gratuitous sex, drug use and abandoment/relationship issues that is)
think i've watched that movie about 20 times now

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Katie said...

your aura is PURPLE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home