Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I want to spend a week just painting
And drawing
I want to go to Italy
I want to love
And be loved in return
I want to drive the great ocean road with good friends, good music, and my camera
I want to see Candy
I want to be called beautiful by someone who believes it
I want to make a film
I want to have nothing else to do but study God's word
I want to road trip across America
I want to sit on the beach, look at the stars, and listen to each wave as God brings it crashing to the shore
I want to see those I know and love come to know Jesus
I want to listen to music all day long
I want to read every book my friends recommend
And see every film on my list
I want to see my family more
I want to try more flavours of tea
I want to be the girl in the red hat
I want to have time to read the pile of photography mags sitting by my desk
And take photos as good as those in them
I want to see the girls in my bible study committed and strong
I want to know what to do with my future

This list aint in any sense complete. There are things here that will happen. There are some that will merely remain a dream. And there are things not on here that are have much more importance.

But what I need?
What I need is one thing. Christ Jesus.

4 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Justin said...

A GREAT list. And a very reflective Pic.

Most of these things are, as C.S. Lewis says, "good images of what we really desire" which is glory in the New Heavens and the New earth!

To quote him -- they are "only the scent of a flower we have not found, the echo of a tune we have not heard, news from a country we have not visited."

Been quotin' that quote for years. And many more to come.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Justin!
That is a great quote!

And so, so true!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger JT said...

I want to dream, but not be disappointed with realtiy.

That blog was like a mini-holiday in this week of toil. Thanks!

JT

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe i should stop saving magazines for you so the pile gets smaller! haha.

love missy pea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home