Friday, May 26, 2006

So what DO you believe?!

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matt 5:14-15
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:5-6

This photo was taken about 10 minutes ago of the evening's sunset. (click on it to view it bigger - its better that way!) It was an amazing sky! I don't know about you, but every time I look at the sky - the clouds, the colour, the speed with which it can change - i see God's power, and love expressed in creativity! An awesome reminder - just look up and you will gain perspective immediately!

Just as you see the sun glowing; shining incredibly brightly through gaps in the cloud, that is what we are called to be too - a light in a world of darkness.
We must make the most of every opportunity the Lord gives us to speak His word and proclaim His love to those we meet. I have been praying for such opportunities of late - afterall, lets face it, at the moment i spend most of my time with christians! The area of my life where i spend the least time amongst Christains however is uni. And so on the way to uni this morning this prayer was once again brought before the Lord.
The next bit is where it gets really exciting though....
Over the past 13 weeks me and my fellow class mates of my friday morning tutorial have gotten to know each other pretty well, and as i leave class this morning one of the girls offers me a lift to the train station. (Score!)
On the way I slip into conversation that i go to church...and she picks up on this and asks me a few questions! (Go God!)
"What sort of church do you go to?"
"So, what do you believe?"
She was brought up in a catholic church back in the philippines, but doesnt go to church now, so was interested in the difference between catholics and anglicans.

Sadly, the trip to the station from uni only takes about 10-15 mins, and this part of the convo only started up in about the last 7 minutes. (Bummer!)

But I hope and pray we can continue this conversation in the weeks we have remaining of semester! If you are the praying kind, please shoot up a little prayer for her, for opportunities, and for myself, as I speak to her!

Such a short conversation. But the Lord is powerful. He is in control. And He knows what He's doing. I am so thankful for all these things! And thankful that He lets us be apart of the privilege of sharing the gospel of Jesus! And thankful, of course, that it is ALL His work, and not me...treasures in jars of clay my friends!

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger JT said...

Praise God Chelsea, that's so encouraging! Imagine if she came to understand God's forgiveness... that'd be so beautiful. I have prayed for her, and you, I hope you can keep getting into some good conversations with her.

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks heaps for your prayers JT! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home