Sunday, June 18, 2006

Praise

Last night I had a friend's 21st.
Now, although it felt like i had the same conversation with about 20 people about every 10 mins as we saw people we havent seen in about 3 years and established what everyone is up to, it was a great night! Great to see all these people again. And most significantly, great to celebrate Amy's birthday!
So this year has already been filled with many a 21st celebration, but there was something extra special about this one. It wasnt just cos Amy was one of my best friends throughout high school. It wasnt just that she is one of the most sweetest, caring, loving, humble people I know. Although these things are both true and important, it was the fact that Amy has been through a lot more in her 21 years than some people have to in a lifetime. Having battled cancer as well as heart condition, it is a blessing that Ams is here, just as positive and happy and faithful to the Lord as always! I therefore thank and praise God for last night, and for Amy, a constant encouragement and joy to all who know her!

On that note, I just have to say, praise God for TC (youth group)! We had such a good morning this morning, and it really is such a joy to see the kids get into it and grow in their love and knowledge of Jesus. And be reminded myself too that we are to live by faith alone - something that is often hard to practically apply, but what its all about!

Take Two

In other news....
This past week has been insane with two essays due, work, and day two of filming on thursday. A 12 hour day, so again, a little tiring, but still enjoyable. Ok, so the christmas tree did fall down on top of the talent during a scene, but I maintain its not my fault, i suggested tying it up, but colin is faithful to his gaffer tape...
And there were a few times when I wondered just what I was doing there, hiding behind a dressing table holding a ruler attatched to an alarm clock, ready to shake it on cue. Or sitting outside on a freezing cold night watching Colin dressed as a cowboy sitting by a campfire next to national park and with a fake horse beside him... But it was good, and as i said last time, they are great people to work with! I have to say it was an encouragement to chat to Rob (producer/director) more about his faith as we endured the trip to Heathcoate!
Just 3 more days of filming to come - looking forward to them!

For now, its back to work. One more paper to go, due tomorrow, and then freeeedom! Bring it on! :)

Oh, driving to Annandale early thursday morning I very much regreted not bringing my camera with me as we were presented with an amazing sunrise! Never fear though, it has inspired me to resist the desire for sleep and embrace another early morning photo expedition sometime soon...Anyone keen to join me?!

My brother was home again this weekend - and although we didnt get to see him much, it was good to see him as always. Here's a pic of us (not the best one, but a bit of fun hehe)

1 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Katie said...

so up for that early morning shoot chels, speshly now i have my own super fun camera! yay!
if only it wasn't so cold in the mornings... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home