Sunday, June 04, 2006

Tea & Tunes

"what a beautiful thing when you sing
Hear all them bells ringing out in the street
Hammer strikes the metal and it makes me believe
Blue sky cracking and it makes me believe
"

The women of 645 (evening congregation at CCSI) enjoyed fellowship over High Tea after church this sunday. It was very good to meet some more women of different ages with whom I am united in Christ.
On the tables, along with scones, jam and cream, there sat some questions to prompt discussion. One of those questions was along the lines of "What do you enjoy listening to when you drink tea?"
I think thats actually an interesting question! Of course, it does depend on a number of factors... But I wanna know what your response would be?!

The above lyrics come from a song called "Life is Beautiful" by Ryan Adams - what I was listening to this afternoon when enjoying a cup of tea.
Things seem to be that much better when good tunes are played.
I recently got out my Ryan Adams cds again, and I have to say, that although some of this lyrics may be depressing, this man has a way with words (and I can actually relate to a lot of them!).
I have recently discovered a few treasures on his newest album too - 29. My favourite so far seems to be "Elizabeth, You Were Born To Play That Part" (have a listen on his here)

(I have also recently purchased a few Ben Harper classics - 'Live From Mars' and 'Welcome to the Cruel World'. At this point in time, 'I'll Rise' is standing out as one of the faves. Get your hands on a bit of Ben I say! Always good to get you through study...and to accompany a good cup of tea!)

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger JT said...

That guy looks psycho.

Tea = Creme brule
Tunes = I'm enjoying a song by Rob Thomas at the moment called "my, my, my". Oh, and "problem girl".

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha yeah i admit, ryan adams is a little scary haha

thanks for the response though JT!
Nice choice of songs there - i admit i dont know them that well but just checked them out on his site and i like! haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home