Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Humble Yourselves

I admit I am tired and should be in bed, and my last post was not long ago, and I still want you to read it and respond (so see below!) but I just wanted to share with you a few things from Bible study tonight:

  • "Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." 1 Corinthians 1:26-27 - I am nothing special, yet loved and chosen by the Lord! We should not to be discouraged when someone does not respond well to our faith in Jesus, we should in fact expect it, afterall, that is how God planned it would happen, as to man it does not make sense til the spirit is with them; his wisdom of Jesus on the Christ is foolish in the world's eyes.

  • "When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God" 1 Corinthians 2:1 - Be thankful that it is not how we say anything but it is God that works through us and in those we speak to that really changes hearts and lives.

  • "For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." 1 Corinthians 2:2 - I love this verse. So simple. It is all we need.

  • A great night of fellowship. I cannot help but be greatly encouraged....and humbled.

  • We also started to plan Treestump (the camp we have with yrs 7-9 in these coming holidays) - I am soo excited! :)

Meanwhile, I read in a photography magazine today about a trip to Hamilton Island with Ken Duncan and other photographers!! Yes, 6 nights in the Whitsundays taking photos with the professionals! Soo keen!
That is if I happen to find an extra few thousand dollars somewhere....hmm....

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Shannyn said...

That's excactly what was used. A new heaven and a new earth. What makes us think that we will be in the heaven part?

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Shannyn said...

Yeah, I figured that was what you meant. It just took J.T to point out the obvious ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home