Sunday, June 25, 2006

Harder Now That It's Over

This title was brought to you by the singer of songs that have been stuck in my head these past few days – prize goes to the first person who can tell me who this musician is (without cheating)!

This week has been one of those weeks where there is a severe lack of sleep yet its also extremely enjoyable at the same time!

Monday saw my last assessment for the week handed in! YES!! Such a good feeling!

However, holidays couldnt be fully enjoyed until, well today, as the rest of the week was spent either filming or making stuff for filming!
Tuesday we were down on a farm in Helensburgh. Lets just say that when you work with kids and animals on the same day its bound to be just a tad crazy. Especially when it rains! Filming the Journey of the Magi scene, with two kids on Shetland ponies been led by a cute little girl dressed as an angel carrying a star, there was the unfortunate accident of a child falling from a horse…but don’t worry, no children were harmed in the making of this dvd…
...us props people did get a bit of a workout though, as Colin and Rob decided that the perfect location for the Herod scene was at the very bottom of the farm, which meant us running up and down a rather uneven and steep hill about 20 times...
Thursday was spent setting up the studio - which of course took about 3 hours longer than planned as the sign in the picture needed to be put together and hung!

Friday involved about 11 hours of work in the studio. Which was stressful at times, but mostly quite enjoyable. The studio (at Anglican Media) is quite small, but it was fun getting to work there, not just the various locations we've been to over the weeks. I have mixed feelings about it all been over now, friday been the last day - it was a good experience and overall fun times, but its nice to have the crazy hours over and get into holidays!
The day at the studio was followed by me rushing off to Bible study, where prayer diaries were made with my girls. B/S the week before had been absoluately insane with basically constant chatter from the girls, but this week I was pleasantly suprised (and reminded of the power of God working within them) as we recapped the previous week, and they actually rememberd a whole lot of stuff!! praise God! very exciting!

Post Bible study was some enjoyable R&R (finally) as good films were watched, new friends were met, and good conversation was had. Ok, so I ended up being awake for about 22 hours on friday, getting to bed about 4am, but it was totally worth it! Holidays had begun and amongst everything else that evening, I was incredibly encouraged by a conversation about Judges, how it can still apply to us today, and basically God's amazing grace! Yup, who wants to sleep when these things can be enjoyed?! Bring on more nights like this i say!

Speaking of God's grace, that was the topic of this mornings talk at TC (See Ephesians)! It is so important, amazing, and humbling to be reminded of how much we do not deserve this gift God so lovingly and freely gives us.
Yes, He cannot love me more, and He will not love me less.
To quote Steven Curtis Chapman, "I am speechles, I'm astonished and amazed!"
I am incredibly thankful!

After the talk this song by Starfield was played. Here's is the chorus - sums it up pretty well:

"And I know I'm weak, I know I'm unworthy,
To call upon Your name.
But because of grace, because of Your mercy,
I stand here unashamed"

5 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A) The track number is 13. The album is called Gold. The man is called Ryan Adams.

Q) In the film watched on Friday night, there are actually 4 Ryan Adams songs used in it. However you only hear 3 of them. The question for you is, which three are heard and which one do we only read?

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nath, how did I know you would be able to answer that question! hehe nice one!

To answer yours:
1.Come Pick Me Up
2.Words
3.English Girls Approximately

4. Sadly I admit I couldnt pick this one! Please do tell what and where!

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's just say it's somewhere near Kansas!

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. that was me.

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha ok....i think this calls for another viewing...what a shame ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home