Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Elizabethtown

I finally saw Elizabethtown on the weekend.
I had heard mixed reviews of this film - some claiming it was just too weird, some that it was trying too hard to be different, or just trying to be like Garden State, yet others claiming it was even better than Garden State, and some just sayin it aint worth watching.

Well, I was determined to give it a shot, but also prepared to be disappointed.

However, I was pleasantly surprised.
Its a good movie!
Great soundtrack, well cast, interesting and thought-provoking characters and ideas, a little random, a little funny, and a bit of lurve.
Ok, there were a few similarities to Garden State. But you know what, thats ok, cos i love that film. And those similarities dont take over. Elizabethtown is a film in its own right. And a good one at that.
I admit, Kirsten Dunst's character really frustrated me when I first met her. But as the movie progressed, i learnt to like her.
I loved the several hour long phone conversation they had.
And I loved her present to him at the end.

It inspired me to take a road trip. To be buy the soundtrack. To see the film again. To look at the world and see how much it really is driven by personal success. And to be excited by the fact that you just never know who you are going to meet and when!

More could be said, but i think i should see it again before it is. Meanwhile, have you seen it?! Let me know your thoughts!

And in other news....
I have some new links to posts you should check out - a few good reads in my opinion!

In Him, Chels

2 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Adam said...

heyya chelsea,
afraid i haven't seen elizabethtown - not the biggest fan of kirsten dunst huh! worth a look? just wanted to drop by and say g'day - checking out your photos was a humbling experience for me! puts my blog to shame :) yourself and t. goldsmith are quite the photographers! later!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Yes - I have seen it (as per my post), and I just dont understand why people dont like it. Especially people who liked Garden State. I know its not nearly as good as Garden State, but surely if you liked Garden state this is pretty easy to enjoy. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home