Monday, February 27, 2006

Continuing...

I love lying in bed listening to the sound of rain outside. So soothing and you feel so cosy! And as I lay there doing so last night I started to think about all the things I had planned to do before uni started again, and how many of those I actually didn’t achieve. Not in a depressing way though, as my last week of ‘freedom’ hasn’t been all that bad...

Wednesday I had a bit of a random adventure day. Rebbi and I headed into the city to have lunch with a few friends in Hyde Park – a beautiful day, good food and good company! We then proceeded to visit a few more people at work in the city, including Dan and Jim - the HSBC boys - which is always fun. Then off to UNSW to hand in my assessment (yay!). Stage 4: To Newtown to visit Craig at Moore college, and where we discovered T2 – a little shop full of tea! We tasted, we smelt, and oh did we look on in amazement, til one of us gave in and purchased! So many teas out there – where have I been!?!

Friday PM: I led my Bible study in Psalm 51 – a great psalm in my opinion! Its so good seeing these girls get into the Word too! I was challenged to come before the Lord in the same way David does here:

“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you.” (v10-13)

Kiama: Saturday I headed south with my mum, dad, and grandfather to Kiama for the day. The weather was absolutely beautiful – 30degrees and a clear blue sky! We stopped along the way at a lovely café overlooking a beach, at which I was treated to a King Prawn Salad – oh soo good! It had summer written all over it!
Kiama itself is a great little town! The blowhole was a no show but that didn’t dampen my spirits as soon some incense was purchased.
It was a lovely day, enjoying the time I had with my grandfather before he flew back to NZ on Sunday. Definitely a time to cherish.

Meanwhile, we continued with Colossians last night at church. Here are two main thoughts from the night:
A common Christian struggle is to question whether you have had the full Christian experience. To wonder whether you lack something that other Christians appear to have.
In reality, however, we don’t need to worry about this. Everyone’s experience will be slightly different. But ultimately if you are in Christ you have fullness and lack nothing!
“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.” Colossians 2:9-10

Paul tells the Colossians to just keep walking. “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” Col 2:6-7 They began with receiving Jesus as Lord, and so they are to simply continue to live in him. It’s a challenge! If we continue to walk with Jesus as Lord then by the end of 2006 we should be different from what we are now.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Good post, Chels. I too love the diea that we have the 'full experience in Christ.

Jim

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger JT said...

Dude, you are a continual source of jealousy!

Kiama rocks, being outside on a summer's day rocks, those photos again rock, watching movies for a living rocks, drinkning tea with Tubs rocks, and having more intake of the Word of God on a weekly basis than some people dream of in a year rocks - and only just now contemplating going back to do some sort of uni work rocks intensely! How can I go on knowing some people actually live like this??

Is a mundane blog too much to ask, you know, something that makes us feel good about ourselves? Sheesh!

Of course, I'm living the life I only dreamed of a few years ago, and wouldn't have it any other way. I mean, who else gets to sleep in Michael Jensen's old office?...

Have fun at uni,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home