Thursday, February 09, 2006

Summer Intensive

Yesterday I spent about 5 hours at church with a bunch of other people from my congregation to partake in the summer intensive program, where we looked at the reformation, Obadiah, and were challenged as to how we spend our time with regard to ministry.

Let me ask you this one question:
Does the message of a King dying on a cross to save His people sound foolish to you?

If it does, I tell you this:
"Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom,. it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe." 1 Cor 1:20-21

Yes, in the worlds eyes, in accordance with wisdom of the world, it may seem foolish. But it was by the wisdom of God. We preach Christ crucified, a message that is the power of God.

I was challenged in many ways throughout this day, but let me just say one more thing:
Being a Christian in the world is why you are not yet in Heaven.

Think about that!

Meanwhile, Last night I headed into the city with Lem for some evening photography. Here's a taste of the result:

"I love the spontaneity of street photography. I can go out of my door and not know what I am going to capture. A kind of 'daily hunt' that I find exhilierating."
Photographer Matt Stuart
I agree completely!

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger JT said...

I could take City Blue all day long, that rocks!

Is that you sitting suspiciously, or perhaps more awkardly, in the C? It doesn't look like you, not that I'd really know of course.. Mastery of the lens.

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks dude!

hehe yes that is me on the C! Its at the Lyric theatre sign outside star city...there are a few more pics in that series that i may reveal sometime soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home