Friday, January 27, 2006

Australia Day

The first half of my Australia day was somewhat different to what I would have liked. While others enjoyed the summer weather, BBQs and the beach, I was working. Not ideal, yet not a complete tragedy either, as I did earn double what i normally would and got to close up at 2:30! Plus, a customer told me i had a lovely smile - always a nice thing to hear!

What made the day, however, was the tops evening that followed. With a few friends, dinner was enjoyed at Dee Why beach, which is always good times.
When the wind decided to pick up, we ventured off to Manly, where dessert was had, followed by a pleasant stroll along the waters edge. The only negative of the evening proving to be the reinforcement of my need for a tripod, as I attempted to capture the beauty that results from a combination of the beach and the reflection of lights on the ocean. A tops evening filled with good food, beautiful views, and great friends.

"The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant
shores rejoice." Psalm 97:1



In other news, I may be doing work experience with Opera Australia soon! No promises yet, but ill keep you posted! Lets just say, its all who you know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home