Thursday, January 05, 2006

Aotearoa and other stories

“…the stream of consciousness it always seems to be a flowing but I don’t know which way my brain is going….
are you prepared to take a dive into the deep end of my head?
are you listening to a single word I’ve said?”

Jason Mraz

I think this quote sums up blogs quite well, dont you?

In other news, Saturday I am heading off again, but this time to spend a week with little terrors about 5-7 yrs of age! Luckily their parents will be there too, so I just get the joy of entertaining them - and more importantly, teaching them about Jesus - for the mornings while still giving them back to mummy and daddy in the afternoon. Sounds good to me! Its amazing how God works. And I'm excited about seeing Him work in these children!

In the meantime, here are a few more shots from the land of the long white cloud (thats Aotearoa, or NZ, for those who didnt pick it up).


If you want to get an idea of just how large this glacier actually is, take a look at the people down the bottom of this photo!
And see those little stairs cut into the ice? Thats was our only way up!

A Kea!
These are NZ natives.
They may look kinda cute, but they are cheeky little buggers!
This guy hung around the cafe we stopped at in Arthur's Pass, and after hoping around all the tables, and making his way along the fence, he grabbed a cookie out of the hands of a unsuspecting tourist and flew off with it, only to drop it on the road, leaving him with just the packet.
Dont worry, he came back for more!
And he had the attention of every single person in that cafe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home