Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Circle is Complete

I'm back!
7:40 this morning my plane touched down in Sydney. Which meant a 3am wake up call in Wellington, where we had spent one night after what i think may have been the most bumby flight and landing i have ever experienced, which was followed by a crazy amount of wind and rain hurricane style....or just wellington style?
After that start, it may be mid day, but my body seems to think its sometime in the evening...interesting...

But any sleeplessness that resulted was all worth it. The trip was amazing. Awesome. Brilliant.
I am incredibly thankful not only for the chance to see some more of the beautiful landscape that is New Zealand, but also for the time spent with my cousins, who live in NZ and thus I very rarely actually get to see! And not to mention probably the last family holiday i will have in a while. All good things to be very thankful for! A good way to end 2005 and say hello to 2006!
(By the way, Happy New Year!)

Since I last wrote, from Fox Glacier, we travelled further up the West Coast, through Hokitika, to Greymouth, the pancake rocks at Punakaiki, and then through Arthur's Pass back to Christchurch.
A full circle.

Am I happy to be home? Well lets put it this way, I could have stayed longer! But I am looking forward to getting my back into my own bed again....even if it is only for a few nights...

3 Weeks of travelling round the South Island of New Zealand. Alot was seen and alot was done. I wont bore you any further with the details though. I'll just leave you with a small selection of photos from the 300 or so I took on the trip....enjoy!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home