Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Week in Review...and more photos

A week of Katoomba, kids, and coffee.
Last week was spent in Katoomba leading on CMS Summer School, looking after the K-2 kiddies. They were just so adorable! We had them for just over 3 hrs in the mornings, leaving us with an afternoon free, which was more often than not filled with a trip to Katoomba or Leura for coffee, and a wander through a few shops filled with candles and incense!

A week of challenge, as we heard from God's word, heard thoughts on Islam, and heard from various missionaries. I was challenged in more ways than one. But right now, one of the biggest challenges is to remember all we heard. One missionary, a Doctor in Kenya, spoke of a slum that had been named "Forgotten". I hope and pray I will not forget these people.

A week of getting to know other Christians. I lead on a team of 25, 8 of whom i knew before the week started. So it was a great week getting to know those other 17 who had come from various churches all over sydney.

A week of fellowship. Living with Christians for a week, including teaching the Bible togehter and learning from it together, is just great times. Its a community like no other.

A week of being encouraged and amazed. I said before I left that it is amazing how God works. What is impossible with us is possible with Him. And I definately saw that this week as i saw kids as young as 4 or 5 acknowledge Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

An awesome week. Challenging, encouraging, and just genuine fun times. Praise God for the work He did this week, and continues to do, in these kids....and in us.

In other news, last night Tim and I headed into the city for some evening photography. Fun times indeed. Heres a few of the pics that resulted.

Tim insisted i tried his beer -
and to my suprise, I acutally liked it! Its a first!

3 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger JT said...

Hey Chelsea,
So did you find me off Tim's site?
Great to hear about Summer School, I just got an email asking if I want to come back for the Teens at KEC... not sure what I'm going to do yet, but you're motivating me to think about it again.
And is that Craig from Christchurch St Ives? I think I'm going to College with him this year. Great guy from what I've seen so far!
Anyway, loving the blog. Thanks for dropping by, dude.
Stay strong, God bless,
Josh

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Those photos are sensational chels. Very pleasing to the eye.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger JT said...

Just saw some of your other photos - very cool indeed. The Harbour bridge through the fence rocked, I don't know why, but i'm not going to argue with it! As did many others. You and Tim have got a real talent there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home