Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Now or never!

Today was a good day. It was not because I watched two films at uni for a subject about science in cinema which i am finding very interesting. Although this was enjoyable, it is not the highlight.
What was good about today is that I was challenged, encouraged and learnt a lot from our Lord!
Here's the highlight's package:

  • On the way to uni I read about the prayer life of Abraham and Moses. Not only was it a blessing that God gave me the time and a seat on the train so I could read these words, but I was challenged by one simple fact - When Abraham was promised a son and he had not yet been given it, he adn his wife took messures into their own hands. While they thought they were doing it for God, they infact regreted to pray about their decision. A simple mistake. And one we are more than likely to make in our own lives almost every day. But the point being that we shouldnt - every decision we make should be made with consultation with God at its heart, for He is the one who will provide the right path.

  • I have enjoyed been rebuked and challenged by brothers and sisters, some of whom I have not even met - this is a great experience of the body of Christ! Thank you to those people, you know who you are!

  • Tonight in Bible study we shared about how the bible studies we lead have started off this year. Every single one came with a positive report that reflected God's grace and answer to prayer! Awesome!

  • We also started a series on Revelation - the last book of the Bible that basically teaches us how we are to live in the mean time til Christ returns! I'm so excited about what I will learn from this book! And two things struck me tonight -
    1. Does the way I live my life day to day reflect my knowledge that Jesus could return at any minute?! It it really did I would be making the most of every single opportunity God gave me to further His kingdom! Afterall, it is only by His grace we are even given this time for people to turn to Him! This requires an urgent response, does it not?!
    2. The image of Jesus in 1:12-15 is amazing. "And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man", dressed in a robe reaching doen to his feet and with a golden sash round his chest. his head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His geet were like bronze glowing in a furnace and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."
    Is this not a frightening image? Powerful, overpowering, uncontrollable?! An image of someone worthy of all glory and honour! And to think this is the same person who humbled Himself, coming to this earth and dying on a cross!!! Wow! We are told not to be afraid of this image, this picture of Jesus, for He has conquered death and loves us more than we can imagine. But if you do not yet know Him I tell you now "repent and believe" for this is the powerful and frightening
    you will one day be faced with!

    I must now head to bed as sleep is greatly needed. I am sorry this is long! But please, whoever you are, where ever you are, acknowledge Jesus for who He really is and make the most of this life He has given you!

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger JT said...

Hey, can you let me know if come across any good resources on Rev that would be suitable for a teenager? Cheers, dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home