Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Spontaneity

"Arguing that Bazin's histroy appears teleological, with film history moving toward greater and greater realism, Henderson writes that this teleology provides a ground for the unification of ontology and history."

Ever get that feeling that you are spending a great deal of your time doing uni readings that just dont make sense? And that other people have far too much time on their hands to write this sort of stuff?
Well, that was certainly me last night!

So, what does one do when the readings they are doing just don’t make sense? Or when they are bored of the study ahead of them for that evening?
Go to the beach of course!
That’s exactly what Tim, Adam, and myself decided to do about 9:30 last night! We threw in the books and headed to Mona Vale. There was swimming, photographing, chatting, a tad of peer pressure,….and my decision that I could never be a model! And of course, further conformation of my love for the beach, especially in the evening!
Overall a top night!
I vote for more spontaneity like this in life!
Cheers to you guys for driving all this way to make it all happen! You rock!!

Adam. All credit for this shot goes to Tim, the master of photography!

Meanwhile, today a TV commercial was being filmed in the car park of the shopping centre at which i work. Did it cross my mind to up and leave where i was and join the crew? You bet!
But sadly i didnt embrace that spontaniety and instead the idea remains in my dreams...

5 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Adam said...

hehehe how fun are nitetime adventures! impressed again by the photography. the model in that bottom shot is weird looking :)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger JT said...

That's lovely, 'sweetie'!

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA
Classic, JT!
...or should i say Ted?!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger David Ip said...

Hi Chelsea

Thanks for your comment on my blog.
I thought I saw you on the bus line this week. I recognises you but I had a blank as to what your name was - plus was tired.
I hope uni isn't too stressful and that you do somehow get your readings done - mne drop off after week 4.
See you around
in Christ
Dave Ip

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Top shots of night beach! We'd love to do that in Cape Town but you stand a good chance of becoming a victim. Bummer. Liked your thoughts re: revelation. Doing some mini bible studies on C1-3 of late - lovin' every min. of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home