Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"happiness isnt happiness without a violin-playing goat"

These two photos were taken in the Melbourne Botanic Gardens when I was there a few months ago. I came across them again in the weekend.
Is it just me, or do they remind you of Notting Hill too?
And this one not only reminds me of that lovely scene when Julia Roberts reads the thing on the bench and says "some people really do spend their whole lives together"; then sits, and asks him to sit beside her...such a simple scene, but so lovely...(ok, so you probably dont need to be told by now that I'm a bit of a romantic)

But reading
that also makes me wonder what people will think of me when I'm gone. Someone who loved her family, friends, music, art....and God? I hope the latter is there!

I quite like that quote too - "Stop wasting time...Look there is life. Go"
How true is that?! Time seriously goes by so quickly (I cannot believe it is september already!), we have to make the most of it. And I dont just mean lets enjoy life - although there is a place for that too obviously - but i think we also gotta remember that we are to use this time God has given us, use it wisely, use it to further the kingdom and bring glory to Him. Its a challenge cos its so easy to let a day slip by, dont you think?!

This actually brings me to what has been on my mind of late...what to do with my life once uni finishes this semester! In a way I am blessed with a number of options (or at least ideas), but that also means a lot of decisions to make - regarding both ministry and jobs - and I want to make one that will honour God and mean I am where I can best serve Him...
If you are the praying kind, I would appreciate prayer for wisdom in this area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home