Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Grace Like Rain Falls Down On Me!

Here are two songs by Todd Agnew I have been listening these last couple of days. I was going to just post just one, but they have both equally moved me this week and express whats on my heart. I hope they encourage and challenge you too.

Come Ye Sinners
Come ye sinners, poor and needy
Weak and wounded, sick and sore
Jesus ready stands to save you
Full of pity, love, and power

Come ye thirsty, come and welcome
God's free bounty glorify
True belief and true repentance
Every grace that brings you nigh

I will arise and go to Jesus
He will embrace me in His arms
In the arms of my dear Savior
Oh, there are ten thousand charms

Come ye weary, heavy-laden
Lost and ruined by the fall
If you tarry until you're better
You will never come at all


Wait for your Rain
I cannot believe I'm this dirty
I'm ashamed to even ask to be clean
'Cause I can't think of anyone less worthy
I have nothing to offer or to bring

I throw myself on Your mercy
I throw myself at Your feet
I throw my filth on the grace
of One who's beauty is beyond me
And I wait
And I wait

I'm not even sure how I got here
Wondered to this darkness from Your light
I still remember walking in the garden with You
Now I'm just stumbling through this night

I throw myself on Your mercy
I throw myself at Your feet
I throw my filth on the grace
of One who's beauty is beyond meAnd I waitAnd I wait

I wait for Your rain to fall
The waves of Your grace wash over me
I wait for Your rain to fall
Strange how forgiveness comes so easily
When I call Your name
And wait for Your rain

Lord, this desert is killing me
My throat's dry from screaming Your name
I want to come home but the sands of time surround me
The dirt's finally covered my shame

So I throw myself on Your mercy
I throw myself at Your feet
I throw my filth on the grace
of One who's beauty is beyond me
And I wait

5 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Craig Tubman said...

Is Todd Agnew linked with the Robbie Seay Band? Cause that's their lyrics of the 'Better Days' albumn?

ct

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Chelsea Taylor said...

Hey craig!

Come Ye Sinners is the same song as on the Robbie Seay albumn, but i dont think Todd Agnew is linked to them in any other way...

Apparently the lyrics to the song were written by some other dude, but Seay wrote the music for it.
And Agnew just has it on his albumn hehe! But thats the first place i heard it!

The other one, Wait for your rain, is written by agnew...

so there you go, bit of trivia for you hehe!

Its a good song though hey?!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Ray said...

You know Chelsea I have walked past Todd Agnew's CD at Koorong several times and wondered if it was any good.
My fave artists are Chris Tomlin and Jeremy Camp, CT particularly does awesome P&W music!

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh there you go! I dont love the whole cd, but that rarely happens anyway, so yeah there are some good tracks worth hearing i reckon!
I think you might be able to check 'em out on his site actually...

I havent heard of either of those guys, I'll have to look them up too! How exciting, i like discovering new music :)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Ray said...

I'd say go to Chris Tomlin first. His CD `Arriving' is great. He's actually got a new one out this month, I commented on it on my blog a couple of weeks ago. His song Indescribable is just awesome, one of my first blog entries was about that song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home