Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Blessings

When he saw this photo my brother Ryan said these words: "The photographer in her natural habitat."
I think he couldnt have been more right!
I have had the blessing of spending the last two days at the beach, and I gotta say, I truely love it! I could honestly sit on the beach and watch and listen to the waves, feel the sand beneath my feat, for hours on end.

Friday arvo was spent at Dee Why beach. The sun was out, the smell of summer was in the air, and time was spent enjoying God's beautiful creation while catching up with and being encouraged by a brother in Christ. With a bit of photo taking and food thrown in there too, there aint alot better than that! One of the great blessings of holidays!

Saturday it was up the coast to Dan's beach house for the day. The weather wasnt as great this time, but the location was superb - God is powerful and creative so it was just as amazing to see this beautiful beach scene transformed as clouds rolled in for the evening storm.
A bbq with good friends, a stroll along the beach, running around with 1 and 3 year olds, sitting by the beach til the late hours of the evening with a glass of wine at hand, the day passed relaxed and greatly enjoyed.

The beach. One of my most favourite places for a number of reasons, but I think mostly because every time I make it there I instantly feel more relaxed and am overwhelmingly reminded of our amazing Lord and the work of His hands on this earth.
I look forward to more afternoons like this to come this summer!
Meanwhile, of course, today is Christmas Eve.

I dont know about you, but Christmas has definately crept up on me this year! Tomorrow I look forward to a relaxed day with my parents and my brother. They are such a blessing to me and its a joy to spend that quality time with them.

While Christmas seems to be so often about family, though, its necessary to remember why it is we are all actually getting this holiday and what we are to do with it!

As the words of Luke remind us, Christmas day is all because of one miraculous person and event: "Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

Yes, over 2000 years ago God became flesh. He entered the world to dwell among us, to show us the way, to die for us in our place, and to offer us new life.

Mary arrived by donkey, Jesus born in a dirty old stable - our King brought into the world through humble beginings! A sight that must have been so ordinary in actuality the most extraordinary thing this world will ever know!

How will you spend this Christmas??

I say spend it with your family and loved ones because they are more important to us than we will really ever realise.
But do more than that, do what the
words of Zechariah say, written many many years before the birth of Jesus Christ:

"Rejoice greatly; O daughter of Zion!
Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem!
See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey
."
Zechariah 9:9

Spend it remembering our Lord and Saviour with joy and praise!

Merry Christmas to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home