Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Whats been happenin?

Its been a while. Rather than just list whats been happening, let me fill you in on a few ways God has been working over the last week and how we can respond...

Micah

What I love about reading the Old Testament is that it just so clearly demonstrates God's faithfulness to His people! I read Micah last week - one of those books I just hadnt really read before so thought it was time. And its great! Without going into the detail (you should read it for yourself) it paints an amazing picture of the destruction + punishment of Israel, which is very scary

"Therefore I will give you over to ruin and your people to derision; you will bear the scorn of the nations." 6:16b

Yet hope is not far away for those who trust in the Lord.

"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Saviour; my God will hear me." 7:7

A beautiful image of forgiveness and the faithfulness of God to his promises is painted. And it is welcomed like rain to drought striken nation. Like water to the lips of the thirsty.
Let me share some of it with you:

"Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry for ever but delight to show mercy.
You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
You will be true to Jacob, and show mercy on Abraham, as you pledged on oath to our fathers in days long ago." 7:18-20

To people deserving punishment and completely undeserving of love, compassion is shown.

Praise: God for His forgiveness and faithfulness
Pray: That I may continue to read, learn from and rejoice in His word


Work

It feels like a lot of my time lately has been taken up working at the moment, and I gotta admit, Im a little over the newsagents! I am currently looking for jobs. Prayer for this process - particularly patience - would be appreciated! Some interesting opportunities have opened up that will be investigated, but generally, I know its all in His hands.

Creche

Ive only done creche once before in my life, im used to slightly older kids. But last week I helped look after about 10 or so babies (yes, all under 9months) while their mums did a first aid course at our church. Man, that was a learning experience! But also brought great joy, especially gettting to know the little man belonging to our minister. What is exciting here, is that, as I believe anyway, many of the mums dont go to church, so having the first aid course in the building was at least getting them in there! They were also given info on our christmas and summer services. and our minister's wife was amongst the group. I think prayer for these women would be great - maybe they could get more out of the course than some first aid knowledge! ;)

Rebbi's 21st!!

Finally, saturday night was Rebbi's 21st (pic of me and here below). Rebs is one of my best friends and it was a great night and very exciting to celebrate with her! Praise God for rebs, her friendship, and her faith in Jesus!
And just cos this pic makes me laugh...Jumbo and Cippo at Rebbi's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home