Sunday, March 26, 2006

Blessings

"I am blessed to be a witness." - Ben Harper
This weekend I was reminded of - and challenged to appreciate - several blessings.

Firstly, despite my previous post which hinted at a slightly negative attitude toward uni, overall I feel very blessed to be studying subjects that I enjoy and encompass 3 of my favourite things - film, theatre, and art! 3 good subjects out of 4 aint bad! This was all reinforced saturday when I headed to the MCA to see an exhibition for an assignment! I couldnt quite believe that this was part of my degree!

I was joined by Ads on my little journey, and as we wandered around the harbour - it had thankfully turned out to be a beautiful sunny day - we were reminded of how blessed we are to live in such a great city with such a beautiful harbour! There is definately something about sun glistening on the harbour, opera house behind us and bridge in the foreground. And just so we wouldnt forget who gave us all these blessings, God presented one of his beautiful wonders, a rainbow in the sky!



Its good having people to make you laugh!

Before TC this morning, I joined a friend for breakfast at Dee Why, where, once again, we were confronted with an absolutely beautiful scene! Not a lot can beat eggs benedict, smoothie, and a sunny morning at the beach with a good friend!

While i'm on this topic though, I cannot leave out the best blessing of all.
This morning as I led my girls in Bible study, God's word came alive in us as we read of the trial and death of Jesus. I dont know about you, but I find it incredibly hard to comprehend all this story really holds. Such irony. Such triumph. Such love. Such pain. Such forgiveness. I hope and pray these kids were challenged and changed. And meanwhile, I personally cant help but be moved, but most of all, humbled and and extremely grateful, when I read these words. If you havent read these words of Truth in the gospels, or simply need reminding of their significance, I encourage you to pick them up and read right now!

Yup, after a not so positive start to the weekend, I was reminded I actually have a lot to be thankful for!

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Adam said...

haha good times mate, good times!!
what a tremendous face i'm pulling haha - shocker!! :)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Mr Tiedt said...

ads... i don't know you, but based on that face you pulled, i already like you... :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home