Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Love Song

The love song. So many have been made throughout history. The handwritten ballad on a piece of note paper to be shared intimately between two people; or the hit song that becomes known and cherished worldwide.

We hear them so often on the radio, our favourite tv show or the latest hollywood blockbuster....but do we really know the true meaning of those words?!

I'd therefore like to perform a little experiment.
Below are the lyrics to a beautiful love song from the film Moulin Rouge, called 'Come What May'. And the lyrics to 'Love Song' by Christian band, Third Day.

"Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
And there's no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing out this song I'll be there by your side
Storm clouds may gather
And stars may collide
But I love you until the end of time"


"I've heard it said that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise
It has never been done
I've never climbed the highest mountain
But I walked the hill of calvary"


Spot the difference?

Now dont get me wrong, Come What May is actually one of my all time favourite love songs and I am actually a hopeless romantic at heart! But there is also some danger in hanging onto these words.
That promise to climb a mountain for the one you love is a common theme in love songs of the world. What Third Day point out to us here is that these promises are rarely kept. The only true promise of love given and fulfilled is that of Jesus, when he walked that hill and took his final breath!

Cynical Chelsea you may be asking? No, hopefully not!
Realistic and hopeful? Yes I think so!


So as I may be waiting for the right man to come along and write me that love song on an old piece of note paper, I can remain in the hope and the satisfaction that come with knowing Jesus - the ultimate love.

That all said, I still love a good love song ;)

In Him,
Chelsea

3 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How to make your own Podcast
Podcasts are the latest developments in digital audio broadcasting. Some shows are professionally created by media outlets, such as Disney and ABC News, and others are produced by creative individuals with a ...
So you have a visitor coming your way. I read these things. :)
loan

I'm waching blogs all day long and I found yours which is really nice :)


You are making good job!
Keep up the super articles!


I enjoy reading the stories on your site. Keep up the super articles!


Your site is very good!
Congratulations!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Jim said...

You got smacked with a whole lot of advertising (most I have seen!)

Good post though. I remember the first time I heard 'love song'. Stefan played it for me and asked me if I thought it was a christian song or a love song for a girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home