Tuesday, August 16, 2005

children

Welcome to the world!

This week saw the joy of childbirth celebrated once again as Scott and Hayley Tubman were blessed with a healthy and beautiful little boy!! Congratulations guys!

Welcome to the world Benjamin!



I believe in a thing called love!

While the celebration of a child entering a family is a joy beyond description, tonight as we meditated over the Lord's words in the book of 1 John in Bible Study, we discussed children of a different nature. What it means to be children of God. And the life of love that comes with that. As God's children we experience His great love. Those words seem so small on this page (or screen!) but they are so much greater than we can even comprehend! The love of our Creater and Heavenly Father!
This is a love that we do not deserve and we must responded to! How can we not?!
1 John speaks of the ultimate act of love in Christ laying down His life. Extreme love? Or just real?
My question to you, and myself, is to what extent are we willing to lay down our lives for our brothers?!
I believe in this thing called love. How will my life reflect that?


Meanwhile, with all this discussion of children and babies I thought it an opportune time to provide a photograph of my cousin's new baby, Jack! Love you little guy!

In Him,
Chels



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home