Monday, August 01, 2005

A call to war

This is not a call to comfort,
It's a call to war,
Come and join the battle
Fight like you've never fought before
Nathan Tasker

Last night driving home from a post church dvd viewing I was both encouraged and challenged by the words of wisdom provided by the person sitting in the drivers seat beside me. Amongst discussion of what the future held for us both, we spoke of what it meant to live a life following Jesus. So much of this world and the life it offers is about winning, coming first, beating others, striving to be the best. When Jesus walked on this earth he felt no such desire. That is what it is to be different. And that is the battle worth fighting.
As part of living this battle, we need to look beyond what we want, to what God's plans and purpose may be. This is what I hope to do as I think about what my future may hold.

In Him
CG

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Jim said...

welcome to the world of BLOGG!

Nice thought thus far, enjoying it already.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I think this is the first time I have ever seen Nate Tasker quoted on a website! Big props to him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home