Monday, August 22, 2005

Boredom Makes You Do Crazy Things

"The camera transforms everything it captures into something that is past." (Anton Kaes)



While my need to complete uni work has restricted my time to partake in the creation of art, the past few days led me to once again open the doors to another form of art - the art of procrastination.

In doing so, I came across the 'Truisms' of Jenny Holzer. Yes, an artwork that presents a series of true statements.
While I think they vary in their 'trueness', some are worth reading, so here are just a few of the favourites:

Absolute submission can be a form of freedom

Boredom makes you do crazy things

Confusing yourself is a way to stay honest

Dreaming while awake is a frightening contradiction

Eating too much is criminal

Illness is a state of mind

Salvation can't be bought or sold

Pursuing pleasure for the sake of pleasure will ruin you

The new is nothing but a restatement of the old

Thinking too much can only cause problems

You should travel light


My own truism?
Embrace the present, too soon will it become our memory

In Him
Chelsea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home