Thursday, August 25, 2005

These Last Days

As most thursday afternoons this semester, I came home from work tired, hungry, and just wanting to relax.

However, the Lord had other plans.
And I am thankful that He did.

Most thursday evenings my parents go to Bible study. They have done so for just over a year now. This in itself is reason to be praising God. Tonight, however, was different.
My mum acknowledged that she hadnt yet read the passage for this weeks study nor looked at the questions their leader had given them. I therefore offered to go through them with her. And thus, we sat down together with our Bibles and read through the first chapter of Hebrews and discussed the meanings of various verses, and how they all point to Jesus, superior and ultimate!

This, my friends, was a first.

Besides sitting next to them in a church service some time, I have not before experienced contemplating the Word to this extent with my parents.
And I have to say, while it was a little strange teaching my mother - the one who brought me into this world and has taught me so much - it was nonetheless a great blessing that made redundant my desire for food and rest felt just minutes before.

God is good.

"but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe." Heb 1:2

In Him,
Chelsea

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home