Sunday, September 02, 2007

Reading: Spurgeon Gold
"Sin, whatever it might be to other people, became to me an intolerable burden. ... I felt it would not satisfy my conscience if I could be forgiven unjustly, but then there came the question, how could God be just and yet justify me, who had been so guilty?"
"I do from my soul confess that I was never satisfied till I came to Christ."
"I could scarecely content myself even for five minutes without trying to to something for Christ."

Thinking & Feeling: refreshed and convicted by the sermon heard last night at church. After missing it on and off for a couple of weeks for health reasons I felt renewed & joyful being there this week! What was preached was something I am familiar with, but it was just one of those sermons that reminds you of that beautiful freedom we have in Christ. We addressed the common objection to Christianity that we all find truth for ourselves, dont force me to believe in God, I can find truth for myself. Gav pointed out that, despite what your personal view is, there is much, much freedom in the Truth. The question is not whether you have a master but which you choose to follow If you choose Truth as your master, you will be set free, free living life as it is meant to be with the right restrictions, free to be what we are meant to be and free from all other false masters. And that Truth is of course a person, Christ Jesus - it is not doctrine but personal. All quite fitting with conversations had recently regarding freedom...

Praying: Last night we started our september evangelistic series at church, dealing with questions and hard truths, and this was the message of freedom in the Truth was what we kicked off the series with. Itd be great to pray for those who came last night, those who are being invited, and those doing the inviting for the rest of the series! Big stuff happening, but God is even bigger!
Also, for wisdom in writing a study on Heaven for my yr7 girls.

Photo of the week: JT & I dressed for a 21st Sat night.

Listening: 'She Stays' by Northern Line and 'The One Thing' by Paul Colman - "The one thing I dont question is you; You really love me like you say you do...All I know at the end of the day is your love remains."

Looking forward to: Snow Patrol concert next weekend!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home