Thursday, June 28, 2007

"I will sing of the Lord's great love for ever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.
I will declare that your love stands firm for ever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.
You said, 'I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant, 'I will establish your line for ever and make your throne firm through all generations.'"
The heavens praise your wonders, O Lord, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.... O Lord God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O Lord, and your faithfulness surrounds you. ...
The heavens are yours, and yours also the earth; you founded the world and all that is in it. ...
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you."


These are some verses which we read from Psalm 89 in Bible study on tuesday night. My goodness - what reasons for praise our Lord!!

I am studying a PTC Intro to the Bible course at the moment and as I read over more and more of the OT I cant help but be struck by God's faithfulness amongst our unfaithfulness to Him! It is amazing, and absolutely beautiful in the most purest of ways! This is love. This is grace. Like none other we will ever know!

As this Psalm reminds us that God is not only faithful to His people but He is also in control, I would like to ask for your partnership in keeping the upcoming camps that Christ Church is running over the holidays in your prayers.
There are 3 camps coming up - House Party (10-11), Getaway (yr 12), and Treestump (7-9).
If you are willing and able, could you please pray for the following:
- the kids coming, to keep them safe and healthy, to be encouraged and challenged, and most importantly to be brought into a closer relationship with Jesus (or in some cases, coming to knowHim for the first time)

- for there to be a good vibe on each camp, one of unity in Christ, an attitude of service and embracing what we are there for and what we get to do
- for leaders as we lead these kids

- for me and the other 3 ladies cooking on HP! (my first time - should be fun!)
- for the speakers (Craig, Scott, and Foxie)

Thank you, your prayers are greatly appreciated!

I am off on the first camp on saturday arvo! Looking forward to it!
What an amazing privilege it is to have camps like these and be apart of God's work in this world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home