Thursday, March 22, 2007

Answer to Prayer

So I said Id tell you about last thursday, sorry its taken me a while to get there, but heres the story...

Begining of last week i was feeling a little more lost and depressed than usual, feeling a little lack of purpose with my days as i continued on through limbo land.

Anyway, through a random connection i ended up with an unpaid job on a film shoot (more specifically, a tv pilot). Unsure initially whehter to bother taking this opportunity i eventually got into gear realising there wasnt a lot to loose - something to fill in my day with, and always good getting more experience in the field to add to the resume.

But God was good and it turned out to be so much more than that.

Firstly before the day I managed to be faithfully reminded by the Spirit of the conviction I had in reading Acts over the last few weeks and the purpose I am to serve. The book of Acts so clearly exemplifies our purpose in this life - basically faithfully living each day for the Lord to bring glory and honour to Him while also furthering His kingdom. In reading it i was convicted that this is what I am to do with every day of my life regardless of whether I am a student, unemployed, or working in my dream job.
I was also reminded of one of the key reasons why I wanted to get into film + theatre in the first place. Aside from my love for these arts, I recognise the need for Christains in these industries.
And thus, convicted by these truths, I was excited about the opportunity that lay ahead for me on the set on thursday. Having absolutely no idea what sort of people I would be working with or what we were working on, I was determined to be a light amongst them and work hard for the Lord.

Now, funnily enough, the majority of the crew and our cast member all turned out to be Christains.
It was great!
God is amazing in the way He works. Not only to bless me with work in those circumstances once again, but also to ensure I was convicted of those things before I headed out there, because regardless of whether those I worked with on thursday were Believers, that will not always be the situation, and thus I need to ensure I maintain that conviction and desire to serve that purpose as God blesses me with work I enjoy.

So despite a lot of standing around waiting and the 12hr day, I not only enjoyed the day, but the crew and cast were lovely people, very interesting to talk to, and easy to work with.

Furthermore - and the greatest answer to prayer here - I made a few contacts and am pretty likely to get some work through them throughout this year!

I love it! God answers prayer and knows exactly the best way to do it! What a humbling experience!

Praise God for the answer to prayer!
Please pray that these opportunities come to light.

And if a show called 'Chefs Table' ever comes on TV, please watch it and look out for my name in the credits of the pilot!

God has been very good to me in other areas of my life recently...but thats for another post methinks... ;)

4 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger JT said...

Did anyone good looking and famous make you popoular with the Producer? It's always who you know...

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is always who you know...
I wouldnt say he's famous though...
;)

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger David said...

I can't wait to read how God has been good to you 'in another post'. I'll stay tuned!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger JT said...

Me either Dave....! What's she talking about?

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home