Thursday, March 08, 2007

Raido Star?!

My Dad was on the radio the other day! And I'd just like to say I am very proud of him!
Ok, so it was AM and probably very few people heard the interview, but I was impressed!

If you have any interest in mental health issues, then you can either hear the interview or check out the transcript
here!

The issue being discussed revolves around the (potential) side effects of a particular drug used by people suffering from schizophrenia and bipolar, and i guess also the responsibility of the pharmaceutical companies.

Listening to the interview though just reinforced to me how often the media sensationalise. I was frustrated by the journalists comments, not only cos it was against what my dad was saying, but because it was entirely reliant on his unresearched opinion rather than fact.
Why try to report an issue and attempt to persuade an audience when you just dont know all the ins and outs of the story?!
Or perhaps more importantly, why do we get sucked into it?!

Rant aside, my dad was on the radio and did a good job....how cool is that?!

ok, so im the proud daughter, just humour me here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home