Saturday, March 17, 2007

Cornflakes

So its been a hectic week. This thursday was long but great - an answer to prayer and shining of God's blessing in many ways. BUT I wont share about that now, im too tired to explain properly.

What I will do instead is let you know of a new band I was introduced to last night - the guild league
JT and I and a few others headed to a little pub in Surry Hills for a gig by some people we'd never heard of before.
We had no idea what to expect...
but it proved to be a worthwhile venture and I came away with one of their cds...i gotta say they're pretty great

am lovin their sound...but mostly their lyrics...
And speaking of lyrics, their set was finished off by the poetry reading to top all poetry readings (well, public ones anyway...)!

So, for a taste of the new and exciting, this little band from melbourne, which was thoroughly enjoyed last night, here are the lyrics to "Cornflakes" on their album "private transport'...Enjoy!

sugar on cereal.
sunlight sifts down through late autumn leaves to the crunchy brown ground.
i hold my arm like an 'L' with your hand at the corner
the autumn air is freezing and your hands aren't much warmer.
but if you smile at me like that again i think i'll burst with happiness.
you make me all toungue-tied girl but you know that by now....i guess.
breakfast and beverages out of the breeze.
soak in the sunlight that's as scarce as the green trees.
stare up at flightpaths we'd like to be on till evening turns all the jetstreams to neon.
come on and tell me you love me one more time.
i'm going to burst with happiness.
my dreams are tied to you my girl but you know that by now.
and if you didnt know somehow then you know now....i guess.

4 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chels,
How good are the Guild League?! My friend lent me Private Transport a couple years ago, it's a lovely CD :) Remind me to give you all my Darren Hanlon CDs, he's on the same record label and has equally beautiful lyrics.
Have to catch up soon,
vee

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger JT said...

"my sweet citronella..."

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh cool! thanks V thats awesome!

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

mmm citronella... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home