Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pressing Onwards

I have probably said this on here before sometime, but one of the things I love about reading the Bible is that there is always something more to learn - even if its a passage you have read many times before!

It was just the case again today as I read Philippians and was given two important reminders:

"Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Chirst Jesus." (3:13b-14)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (4:6-7)

Have you ever noticed that in trying to make sure you are making decisions and living life in a way that will honour God and lead you to best serve Him, you lose sight of that much more important goal??
Well I think thats a danger we all face at various times in our lives, and I personally was in danger of it just recently. Which is why these verses are great reminders that struck me today.
I need to put more energy into pressing on towards the goal!
And I know I can do that through Jesus.

How amazing is verse 7 - the peace of God will guard my heart and mind!!
I feel so unworthy of such an amazing blessing!
But what comfort those few words offer!

I hope these words encourage and comfort you too. But I also hope they remind you to stay focused on the goal and trust in God as He leads you there!

God bless,
Chelsea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home