Sunday, September 24, 2006

"Everything is gonna be alright In the summertime"

I am now officially on 'holidays'...One week...with quite a bit of uni work to get through too...
But that didnt stop me from embracing the holiday mode and the beautiful weather that came with this weekend.

Saturday AM saw me heading to the wonderful Dee Why Beach for brunch with a group of girlfriends I have known for over 6 years and went through youth group with. We do not see enough of each other these days. While the dissmal serving of banana that came with my pancakes reflected the countries current lack, it was nonetheless a very tastey meal. Post brunch we spent some time in prayer for one another sitting by the rock pools of God's beautiful creation! What a blessing to have friends - and days - like these!
Saturday PM I finally got to see the up and coming, very talented Gallery live! Ok, so they may be my friends and so get a bit of a plug...But they were great! Check them out! I was so impressed! Sunday also brought a bit of adventure and fun in the sun. After an enjoyable morning at TC I headed to the musuem of Sydney for an art exhbition for a bit of 1920s and 30s glamour and style. There were some great photos and I was once again inspired to get out into the streets of sydney and get into some more random people shots!
It was then to a BBQ - a taste of true summer making itself known again!
Bring on more weekends like this - warm, sunny weather and good friends!

One last thing to note - and the most important, so please, stay patient...
And that is of course church tonight.

We are currently making our way through the gospel of John. One of the things I love about the Bible is that no matter how many times you read a passage or a book there is always more to learn, or always key truths to be reminded of.

And tonight was no exception.
We were looking at Redefining Temple Worship from John's account of Jesus clearing the temple (John 2:12-25); speaking of the fact that we no longer need a place, a stone building, to meet with God, but we can meet God in person, in the person of Jesus. How great is that! Just think about it for a minute...
Meanwhile, we were also reminded that as we are united in the resurrection of Jesus, the raising of the new temple, we too are 'born again', are redefined, and must live a life that reflects this fact.

And what does all this have to do with worship?
Well, we gotta look at what this rebirth is all about, how it can actually be reflected in our lives...and this is where the words of Romans 12:1-2 come in:
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Yes, worship is more than what happens in a building. It is constant.

Obvious?
Yes, I've heard it before too.
But does your life reflect it?

I believe this is to be the response we should have every single day:
"
here I am to worship,
here I am to bow down,
here I am to say that you're my God"

6 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Katie said...

honestly chels, between you and me gallery will never need a publicist or anything like that! the shots look pretty good!
"Defined By Christ" - that's what stuck in my head on sunday.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Ray said...

I love that song, Here I Am To Worship. I think Hillsong did it on one of their live CDs if the last few years.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, that is so true hehe
And I love that statement "defined by Christ" - it struck me the other week when he spoke about it too, saying how we have the name of Christ - how much does that just make you want to live for Him more - everything we do reflects that name -scary!


Hicko - I love it too! :)

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey hey
it was a very good breakfast indeed indeed.
mmmmm... gallery rocked my socks (stockings, even) off.

very pleasurable. hehehe... ahhhh...

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks mel hehe was good times


katie, just thinking about the defined by Christ thing again as i am listening to a sermon by dominic steele he says our identity is somewhere else, as God's elect, we are strangers in the world.
So, defined by Christ, and strangers in the world.
that is my identity.
hm quite full on hey....

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Katie said...

jeepers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home