Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Pulse Check

Listenin: Third Day 'Offerings'

Reading: 'Pursuit of Holiness' by Jerry Bridges

Watching: A viewing of a classic today - 'Singin in the Rain' - good laughs, entertaining song and dance, and a good ol' love story with Gene Kelly

Thinking: Nikon D50 or Canon EOS 350D?

On my heart and mind: Making the most of the one and a half hour trip into uni yesterday morning i pulled out 'The Pursuit of Holiness' and amongst the six pages of chapter 4 i discovered nothing less than a challenging reminder.
Establishing that our lives are meant to follow that of the example set by the sinless life of Jesus, Bridges challenged me with these words:

"Consider then [Jesus'] statement, "I always do what pleases Him." Do we dare take that as our personal goal in life? Are we truly willing to scrutinize all our activities, all our goals and plans, and all of our impulsive actions in the light of this statement: 'I am doing this to please God'?"

And as an example of living such a life Bridges continues: "How do we view those who do not show love for us? Do we see them as persons for whom Christ died or as persons who make our lives difficult?...We need to learn to follow the example of Christ, who was moved with compassion for sinners and who could pray for them even as they nailed Him to the cross on Calvary."

Concluding statement to be echoed in a change for eternity: "In all of our thoughts, all of our actions, in every part of our character, the ruling principle that motivates and guides us should be the desire to follow Christ in doing the will of the Father."


These are the words that challenged me. I hope and pray they will continue to be the ones filling my heart, mind, and actions - every part of my character.

As I looked out the window of the train at the passing world, a pulse check was taken.

What will encourage your next pulse check?

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chels,
just surfing round and remembered ur site!

anyway thought i might leave u a comment...hi =)

here's sth to keep u thinking...
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond50/page19.asp

check this site out. it gives u the full low down and spec comparison between the D50 and EOS 350D, among a whole stack of other cool stuff. u should have a read of the full reviews for the d50 and 350d, they're detailed but good.

my opinion:go the d50

later.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Derum Studio said...

HELLO THERE!!!
Neat blog sista!
Top stuff.
Very up beat.
Gave me something to think about.
I like it.
I also like short sentences.
I like them very much.
See you soon!
Melissa xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home