Friday, November 18, 2005

The journey begins...

Today I decided it was time to start making the most of my holidays.

Having enjoyed a reasonable sleep in and prepared Bible study for this evening, I headed into the city with my camera. I started out at Milsons Point, taking some shots down by the water and enjoying lunch under the bridge, soaking in the view and enjoying the refreshing breeze that saved me from the heat of the day. After walking across the bridge - realising that i may have looked a little too much like a tourist - I finally took a picture of the sign 'One Way Jesus' that i see from the train every time i head to uni (whoever put that sign there, I love them muchly), and proceeded to wander around the Rocks, and then up along George St, finishing the day with a milkshake with a good friend!

What made it all the more beautiful was the fact I didnt have to be anywhere at any particular time and could thus travel at my own pace. What is this....this freedom?!
I believe it is known by some as holidays?!

My adventure reminded me of two important truths:
1. I live in a very beautiful city!
2. It is important to charge your battery before taking your camera out for the day!

This is what holidays are all about!

Bring on the next 3 months!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home